Calling all tech founders: we are seeking startups for pro-bono product design!
We want to give back to our community by sharing our knowledge and expertise with a founder from an underrepresented diversity group in tech, so they can successfully grow and evolve their digital product.
anchorSeeking applicants for pro-bono product design
Mainmatter is a digital product consultancy with an emphasis on sustainable success. We have a proven track record of successful projects for international clients, ranging from startups to Fortune Global 500 enterprises. To learn more about our approach, take a look at our services and Playbook.
Anyone from an underrepresented group in tech is welcome to apply
In an effort to support the creation of an equal playing field, we invite applicants from underrepresented groups in tech to apply for pro-bono product design. We especially invite and welcome women, Black, Indigenous & People of Color, QTIBIPOC/LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and people facing economic or social hardships.
We will offer one of the following services:
- Product strategy (moderation of a 2-week design sprint): we will work with you and your team to validate an idea in a 1-week design sprint, and then iterate and improve on that idea on the following week. At the end of the 2 weeks, you will have a tested prototype of an idea for your product, which you can show to potential users or investors as well as an understanding of how to move the idea forward. This service is ideal for teams that have a product and design team, and who along with the decision-making team are able to work with us remotely for the entirety of two weeks. It is also a great kickoff for an MVP project.
- Design system strategy and kickoff: we will have a workshop consultation for the transition of your digital product into a design systems methodology. The consultation will include technical implementation suggestions and the inventory of your existing interface. After that, our product designer will mentor your team for 3 weeks, collaborating to create the initial design structure and an organizational workflow to optimize collaboration between your team. At the end of this period, your team will be knowledgeable on how to successfully work with a design system.
- From an underrepresented diversity group in tech (underrepresented groups include: women, Black, Indigenous & People of Color, QTIBIPOC/LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and people facing economic or social hardships)
- In a European time zone
- In need of product design support
- Comfortable having our project featured on our website and social media channels
- Willing to share the project on their social media
- Nice to have: in the sustainability, mobility, or education space
anchorThank you for applying
Pro-bono applications have closed on November 29, 2020.